- Eldership at the Lord’s Table (Chalice Press) – This booklet provides a brief history of eldership in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), a concise treatment of Disciples table theology, and guidelines for preparing and delivering elders’ prayers at the Table. Date: AVAILABLE NOW!!!
- Oh God, OH God, OH GOD! – Young Adults Talk About Sexuality and Embodiment in Christian Spirituality (Chalice Press) – This book is the first in the WTF? (Where’s the Faith?) Series. Lara Blackwood Pickrel and Heather Godsey, co-editors. Release Date: AVAILABLE NOW.
- Talking Taboo: American Christian Women Get Frank About Faith (White Cloud Press) – Lara contributed a chapter entitled “High-Stakes Whack-a-Mole: Noticing and Naming Sexism in the Church.” AVAILABLE NOW.
- Gathering Voices: The Thoughtful Christian Blog – Lara was a regular contributor to Gathering Voices during its run online.
- New Earth: Christian Resources for the Outdoors Curriculum (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) – Lara has written for every age group of this National Council of Churches sponsored outdoor ministry (summer camp) curriculum. For more information on New Earth curriculum, go to: http://www.ncccusa.org/elmc/specialministries.htm#anchor.com
- Currently, none scheduled.
- God Complex Radio! – Check out Episode 5 of God Complex Radio (www.godcomplexradio.com). In this episode, co-host Bruce Reyes-Chow talks with Lara and Oh God! co-editor Heather Godsey about the book project and their hopes for a Church that deals with sexuality openly and authentically.
- Engaging Eldership – This workshop was offered at the General Assembly of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Indianapolis (July 29 – August 2, 2009).
- “Table Eldership” – Lara joined other Disciples leaders in leading workshops at the Elders’ Pre-Assembly which will took place prior to the 2009 General Assembly in Indianapolis.
- WTF? Where’s the Faith? – Lara joined series editors Brandon Gilvin and Christian Piatt (as well as Heather Godsey and several book contributors) for a workshop at the General Assembly of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Indianapolis (July 29-August 2, 2009). This workshop was recorded and a cd of the discussion can be purchased through the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Recharting Our Faith (Disciples Young Adult Conference) – Lara keynoted, along with fellow Where’s The Faith? editors/authors: Heather Godsey, Jose Morales and Christian Piatt. The conference took place at First Christian Church in Las Vegas, Nevada from October 7-10, 2010. For more information on the Disciples Young Adult Commission, go to: www.docya.org
- Regional Spiritual Leadership Summit (Christian Church – DOC – of Greater Kansas City) – Lara led a workshop entitled: “Body Matters: Discussing the Body & Sexuality in Your Congregation”. This event took place on Saturday, June 4, 2011 at New Vision Christian Church in Kansas City, MO.
- Eldership & Intergenerational Ministry (Elders Pre-Event at the General Assembly of the Disciples of Christ in Nashville, TN) – Lara will lead a workshop helping church Elders to discover/create ways to meaningfully interact with children and youth in their congregations. The foundational belief put forth in this workshop is that church Elders can lead the way, helping their congregations to become truly intergenerational.
- Let’s Talk (In the Church) About Sex (General Assembly of the Disciples of Christ in Nashville, TN) – Lara and WTF? co-editor Heather Godsey led this resource group on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 from 2:30 PM – 3:45 PM. The resource group description was as follows: “Sex, body and sexuality are tough topics for church discussion – but ignoring them has high costs. This workshop presents an understanding of sex(uality) and theology of incarnation that values the body, God‘s hopes for creation, and the people in it – and suggests new ways to discuss sex(uality) in our congregations.”
- Greater KC Regional Women’s Retreat – Lara keynoted this event over the weekend of March 9-10, 2012.
- Kansas Regional Youthworker Event – Lara keynoted this event over the weekend of August 17-18, 2012